Sunday, July 4, 2010

Dead Man's Bones @ Center for the Arts Eagle Rock 7.3.10

Brit Krasts
CreepingElm
CreepingElm
CreepingElm
CreepingElm
CreepingElm
CreepingElm
CreepingElm
CreepingElm
CreepingElm
ps Dead Man's Bones is one of my favorite bands fronted by Ryan Gosling, Zach Shields, and The Silverlake Conservatory of Music Children’s Choir! What can I say, but they are beautifully brilliant spooksters! They are most creative when it comes to their shows. Joined on stage by ghost cowboys, magicians, mentalists, marionettes, and a kid’s choir who named themselves “The Gummi Bears." Audience participation was required and they called themselves Sheniqua? Not required, but suggested the audience were to dress in 50's style attire for a sock hop after the show. OOpsy..... I did not play that part! It was definitely fun to see what people were wearing! Helpings of free popcorn and cotton candy were a hit! I was too excited for cotton candy not remembering when the last time I had enjoyed this pure sugary treat! SUGAR HIGH! Ryan and Zach gave up the stage to two awesome singers, Macy, 18, and Dakota, 16, for good versions of “Bad Romance” and “House of the Rising Sun.” Have a listen to Dakota : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF9JuGX2tIk
I saw their Halloween show at The Echo and it is pure enjoyment with the choir dressed as skeletons and ghosts! I can"t want to see what they come up with next and I will be sure to see them again! You should too! Keep raising me from the dead guys so that I know that I am ALIVE!
Ps I continue to share your music on Blip.fm under my DJ name CreepingElm
BTW Ryan I designed a T-shirt for the band. I would really be interested in showing it. All my t-shirts are made by hand. I would personally like to send you a photo in hopes that you may love it! If interested I could make a limited edition and part of the proceeds could go to The Silverlake Conservatory of Music Children’s Choir.

No comments:

Post a Comment